воскресенье, 1 ноября 2015 г.

First impression

The title of the story I'm going to analyze is "The Yellow Wall-Paper".
This story was penned by Charlotte Perkins Gilman - famous American author, poet and feminist, who encouraged women to gain economic independance.

The labor of women in the house, certainly, enables men to produce more wealth than they otherwise could; and in this way women are economic factors in society. But so are horses.


After reading the novel for the first time, I dare to say, that I was not so impressed as others. Maybe such stories are not my cup of tea, maybe I don't like weak women. Nevertheless, I will read it once again and try to find something I like.

What I can add is the fact that Charlotte Perkins is a real master of writing descriptions. They are so exact, that it was really easy to create a scene from the story in my mind. 
+1 to Charlotte for her descriptions!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий